Wednesday, June 2, 2010

It's like a train wreck...

I know I have said it in the past, "I will not watch the Bachelor(ette) ever again," but....it's like a train wreck.  I can't look away.  Why does this show hold me so captive?  Is it the promise that THIS season may just be the one that is different, that works, that leaves all the drama at the door and shows that love really does conquer all, including bad ratings?  I don't know, but...   I . CAN'T . STOP . WATCHING!!!

Now, I have become an addict.  Watching only when Bubba and BoyBoy aren't home.  Hiding it so that they don't ridicule me.  I TiVo and wait patiently until the coast is clear to get my fix.  I situate myself on the sofa, iced tea on one side, telephone on the other, remote in hand so that I can rewind the good parts.  I savor every second from the silly things the guys do to get Ali's attention, to the amount of bourbon these men consume in one night, to the number of guys she kisses in each episode.  If something is particularly juicy, rewind!  If I don't hear the sweet nothings being whispered, rewind!  If there is an especially nice set of abs, rewind and pause!  Is there a 12-step program for this?

I am taking this season with a grain of salt, for what it is:  A fame hungry woman thrown into fantastical scenarios with 25 fame hungry men.  Most are there for their 15 minutes of fame while some are there to satisfy their stalkerish tendencies.  I sometimes find it creepy that most of the men know everything about her before they meet her and she knows nothing about them.  Favorite color - yellow, check.  Originally from Massachusetts, check.  Left last season to go back to her job at Facebook, check.  Afraid of flying, check.  Kind of creepy...

I am a little surprised at the level of male drama this season so far (two episodes in? wow!)  The Weatherman "little Napoleon" and the Canadian Craig were just going at it and I think they both need to go.  Ali got rid of the Canadian and now she needs to get rid of Napoleon.  My early favorite is Roberto although I think her attraction at this point is purely physical.

So, take it for what it's worth...pure, brainless, empty entertainment.  I'll be watching...on TiVo, of course.

2 comments:

oliveoyl64 said...

I am watching the train wreck right along with you. I do not have Tivo so I watch in real time, no rewinds, that would make my brain hurt.

If she doesn't pick Roberto, he is my pick for the next bachelor.

Impulsive Addict said...

I am also a closet watcher. I said 3 seasons ago that I would NEVER watch it again. Well....I lied..