Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Things I am not looking forward to back in the States

  • Thunderstorms - this is a double edged sword since I love listening to thunderstorms but, my poor Melly is sooooo terrified of them that she becomes almost inconsolable. We have had maybe 5 thunderstorms in the last 3 years and I think there have been that many this past week in Virginia.
  • American drivers - sorry, Germans are very predictable in their driving...passing on the left, signaling when changing lanes, never running a red light. Americans, not so much.
  • The cost of living...cell phone, cable, mortgage, etc. - all things we have been lucky to keep low over here, I know will put a larger dent in our budget.
  • The faster pace of life...there is something to be said for stores being closed on Sunday and long, lingering dinners.

For the most part, I am thrilled to be going back to the states. I will miss all of the wonderful friends I have made this tour and the amazing country of Germany. I will also miss being able to go to France for lunch!

No comments: