Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Crazy 8's

Soxy Deb challenged everyone to complete this meme.  I haven't done this one so I thought, what the hey, I'll do it.  Here goes:

8 things I am looking forward to:

1.  Fourth of July - the fearsome foursome will  be back together for the day and it's gonna rock!  We haven't been together since Kimmie moved back to the USA in the fall of 2007.  If the patio's rockin'...come on over!!!
2.  Next Friday night I am going to surprise Bubba with something huge!!!  Can't write about it here because he reads my blog.  Bubba, don't try to weasel it out of me...I am so excited!
3.  The end of school for BoyBoy.  I love hanging out with him in the summer.
4.  Summertime in general.  I love the weather, thunderstorms, sandy beaches, pool side, beach books...all of it!
5.  Gosh, I don't have all that much to look forward to.  Do I really have to think of 8?!?!
6.  Getting new tennis shoes.  Mine are getting yucky and they are permanently dyed red from the concrete stain.
7.  Did I already say next Friday?  Bubba, you are going to be so psyched!!!
8.  My good friend, SJ, is having her second baby any day now.  Can't wait to meet him!!!

8 things I did yesterday:

1.  Rode my bike a looooonnnnnngggg way.  My bedonkadonk is sore but it felt so good.  I have no idea how far I rode but it took me an hour round trip.
2.  Read blogs...duh!
3.  Took something back to Old Navy...bought the bottoms instead of the top to a bathing suit I wanted...oops!
4.  Ate lunch at Chic-Fil-A....mmmmm, chicken strips salad with blue cheese dressing and unsweet tea, mmmmmm.
5.  Talked to my friend, SJ, on the phone for about an hour.
6.  Talked to my sister on the phone about a million times - and I am NOT exaggerating.
7.  Went to the funeral home visitation for my great aunt who lived to be 93 and had the greatest giggle.
8.  Watched Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmern - that kat is crazy!!!

8 things I wish I could do:

1.  Whistle through my fingers really loud.
2.  Scuba dive - claustrophobic...phew!
3.  Win the lottery.
4.  Afford laser hair removal for all the important parts - waxing hurts and shaving is a pain in the tushie.
5.  Meet Oprah - I just know that we would be BFF's.
6.  While we are on the subject of meeting people, I would love to meet Jason and Molly so that I can dope smack them both!
7.  Eat more fruits and veggies - don't like 'em.
8.  Tell my loved ones how much they mean to me every day.

8 shows I watch:

1.  Survivor
2.  American Idol
3.  Amazing Race
4.  Top Chef
5.  America's Next Top Model    (are you sensing a trend?)
6.  Hell's Kitchen
7.  Anything on HGTV
8.  Greek

8 favorite fruits:

1.  Strawberries
2.  Peaches
3.  See #7 under "things I wish I could do"

8 places I'd like to travel:

1.  Australia
2.  Belize
3.  Turks and Caicos
4.  Alaska
5.  Back to Canary Islands
6.  Back to Rome - this time with Bubba
7.  Seattle
8.  Back to London

8 places I've lived:

1.  Here
2.  Manhattan, Kansas
3.  Orlando, Florida
4.  Ft. Irwin, California
5.  Leavenworth, Kansas
6.  Bad Kreuznach, Germany
7.  Mainz, Germany
8.  Kaiserslautern, Germany

OK, that's it...everything you never wanted to know about me.  Again, like Soxy Deb, I am not going to tag anyone.  Do it if you want to, just tell me if you do so that I can go read yours!  I'll read yours if you read mine!

6 comments:

Lynda said...

Fruits! Get more fruits ;-)

Debz said...

Great job! I think I watch 5 or so of those shows you have listed.
I love the way you have the #1 place you've lived listed as 'here'. Too much.

Optimistic Pessimist said...

Can't wait to read about what Bubba's surprise was!!!

Ali said...

Great list! I can watch anything on HGTV too--especially House Hunters--love that show!

Anonymous said...

We actually talked a million and one times yesterday...phew...

Mrs. Mootz said...

I haven't had Chick-Fil-A in so long! It was my fave in college, but we don't have one around here. Boo!