Monday, January 4, 2010

What's that? I can't see you!

Today, I went to my yearly eye exam.  Now that I am of a certain age, I always dread that I will get the dreaded "It's time for bifocals!" speech.  I escaped unbifocaled today, however.  Yea, for me!  I did not escape the dilation fairy and had to drive and pick up BoyBoy with extremely blurry vision.  You know the kind - the stones on the road glimmer, you can see the semi that is 1/2 mile ahead of you but can't read the numbers on your speedometer.  I was a danger to myself and others!  Why don't they tell you before you make your appointment that they are going to do that so that you can make other arrangements?  I would have made my appointment earlier in the day or had my sister pick up BoyBoy.  Sheesh!  I just glad I didn't have to take this eye test!

1 comment:

Kim said...

I don't think I've ever been to the eye doctor without having my eyes dilated. Yuck.

I fell the way of bifocals before I even hit 40. I am a few years into them and I still have trouble with them sometimes. I need them to see the menu, but I can't eat with them on because they mess with the food on the plate!