Saturday, March 7, 2009

Colonel Bubba

I promised you pictures and I am finally getting around to posting them.  Bubba's entire sibling population descended on Casa Cheeze last weekend and it was a fun, chaotic, entertaining, laugh fest.  Those kids really know how to have a good time!  On Friday, we all gathered to pin on Bubba's final rank in the Army.  We were all very proud of him and his accomplishments.  For me it was a little bittersweet.  I love the Army and all of it's pomp and circumstance and I will miss that part of it.  Knowing that this was the last time I would help to promote my husband made me proud but also a bit sad.  The Army has been the biggest part of our lives together from the beginning and we have weathered every curve ball it has sent our way.  Life after the Army will be sweet, for sure, but different.  

Anyhoo...sorry, I got a little sappy there.  Here are the pics:

Boyboy and I pinning on Bubba's rank (or in BoyBoy's case velcro-ing)

The Entire Clan

I am still waiting for more pics from the siblings and will post more then.  That is blog fodder in itself so I will be posting about that later.  



No comments: